BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Tidbits

Anybody ever wake up at night and think about their blog? What you want to write about? How you're going to write it, etc.?




Hmmm.....no? Ok, me neither, lol



-----

Watched Da Vinci Code this weekend....it was just ok....stayed true to the book for the most part.

-----

Last year about this time, I was at the gym doing my best impression of a hampster on a treadmill. In front of me the television was showing a preview for "Lost". An attractive, young woman next to me on the stepper, whom I don't believe I had ever seen before, leaned towards me and asked out of the blue, "Do you watch Lost?"



A bit taken aback, I said I didn't.



She replied, very friendly-like, "You don't? Oh my God, its like the BEST show. You HAVE to watch it."



I said I just might have to, with a chuckle.



"Good. Next time I see you here I'm going to ask you if you have".

What a very odd conversation but not at all unpleasant. There was no intro to our talk even. She talked to me like I knew her and wanted to do me a favor.



Well, I never saw her again but since I'm all caught up with The Sopranos, I started watching it on DVD this past weekend. Sat through four episodes in a row last night. It rules! I'm addicted now! I like all the different characters and the flashbacks and such. Seems quite big-budget for TV as well. I do wonder, though, if they'll kind of run out of things to do with the story, but for now, I'm totally hooked and can't wait for my next disk from Blockbuster.



Think Stepper Girl was an angel sent my way specifically to introduce me to new and exciting television? That, or maybe she worked for ABC.



-----





Did next to nothing this weekend except some cleaning, hit a bucket of golf balls, went to gym and did a little wood-working project. Mrs. Blogger was asking me to make something for her on which to hang necklaces and such. She is somewhat organizationally challenged so I thought I could help. Not that you all really care, but here's a picture of it. She totally dug it, so that's thanks enough for me :)




-----


Speaking of Mrs. Blooger and odd conversations, I had to come home early a few years ago to meet the oil burner service man for an emergency repair. Our boiler, like many, is in our utility room which also is our laundry room. Repair was rather easy and he was out of there in a few hours.

Later the same day Mrs. Blogger arrived from work, noticed the house was warm and said, "Good, the oil guy came out today?"

"Yeah, he did. We should be all set now" I replied looking up from the evening paper.

"I didn't notice this morning. Did we have tons of laundry in there?" she said as she stepped down the 6 stairs towards the boiler room.

"Don't we always?" I laughed.

[short pause]

"Oh man! My panties are right on top!! Why didn't you move them?"

"I didn't have time and I didn't even think about it. The guy was in the driveway when I arrived. We walked in together."

"Well, a least they were sexy ones" she said showing me some lacey white ones on top of the basket she was carrying to the bedroom.

"Yeah, its important that you let the oil repair guy, who you will never see again, who doesn't even know you, see that you wear sexy panties" I chuckled.

She peered back over her shoulder. "Its a reflection of YOU honey" she said with a smile.

Thinking about it, she's right. I'd rather he know my wife wear nice underthings (or outerthings for that matter) than not. After all this time I still find her incredibly attractive, sexy, etc. and I DO like to show her off. What a cool lady!

Of course, I'll have to remember her all-too-frequent-consideration of me the next time she's feeling bloated and wearing those big old Haines Her Way.



5 kind commenters:

Steven said...

Sigh....

I actually have woken up in the middle of the night thinking about my blog...

It's pathetic...I know...

Maybe I should blog about it. ;)

Steve~

NouveauBlogger said...

LOL Steve, it is, isn't it?....drives me nuts

Constance Burris said...

Yep, i wake up, too thinking of my blog. If i'm gone too long i feel guilty. It's like crack or something. I also feel like i have an extended family (you included)

I love my blog family. :)

I love how I can meet different people from around the world and read about htier lives.

NouveauBlogger said...

Awwww....thanks Kahnee...you have me blushing :)

Katie said...

I wake up all the time. and then I even talk out the stories in my head. but after I do that I never get around to blogging about them.